Popular Posts

Monday, December 22, 2014

The Question of Profit...

Recently I was questioned
concerning proceeds from the sale of my book… 


“The Jesus Command”


The Bible says a few things which should help bring meaning to my answer...


Proverbs 3:9-10 (KJV)

Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:



Deuteronomy 15:7 (KJV)

If there be among you a poor man of one of thy brethren within any of thy gates in thy land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not harden thine heart, nor shut thine hand from thy poor brother:



Luke 4:18 (KJV)

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,




1 John 3:17 (KJV)

But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?


I could cite more but the point should be clear.


If you've ever read any of my bios, it's no secret that I spent 20 yrs. living homeless on the street... Not only do I know what that feels like but I also know what it feels like when your pain is ignored by others. The Hands Of God Ministries works to bring comfort and hope to the downtrodden of our society. We are not a 501(c)(3). I will not take God off the table and out of our methods. We use prayer and I encourage others to follow Christ. All of which are not so favorable when it comes to government funds and recognition. As a way of financing our efforts without merely asking for handouts, I’ve written and am actively promoting this book. It is my belief that it provides a deeper understanding of compassion and kindness... The things necessary for any real love to exist. Something also that both Christian and Non-Christian would benefit from paying attention to.


The Hands Of God Ministries



Just think for a moment. 

How much damage would you suffer?
Would $14.00 break your budget? 

Now think about it again...
But this time reduce the amount to $4.00. 

These are the prices of a soft cover and ebook respectively. 

It’s not very much money. However you might have second thoughts before giving it to a person on the street. I can recall many occasion being asked if I was going to buy alcohol or drugs with what I was offered. Most of us have reservations built within our nature. There’s always a feeling of uncertainty, a sense of not knowing. Well know this. I want to buy houses and apartment buildings; the ones that are boarded up, vacant, and going to waste. I’d like to be able to put the unemployed to work fixing them up so they are no longer blight to the community. In doing this, I could provide long term living space for the homeless; not just an overnight shelter. The homeless could once again feel what its like to belong. Then they could have a chance at reclaiming their sense of dignity and self worth. Programs that ensure real transition could be made available. Good programs that improve life by helping those in need who are willing to work at making a change.

I want to give homes to the homeless.
At least the ones that are willing to work and
Make A Real Effort At Changing.
I think it would be a great encouragement for others to try. 

Yeah… you heard me… GIVE!


I don't know if this will ever be the case but I do know that I’m going to make an effort to see it become a reality. I'm just wondering how many of "You" are willing to join me. At the very least we could instill hope to a people who exist in a state of hopelessness. At the same time it will send a strong message that there are still people in the world who care. Mind you, the recipients would have to be screened and given training to prepare them to handle the responsibility. But I believe in my heart that it’s better than doing nothing. It’s a simple idea with not so simple involvement. It will require a lot of effort and a lot financial backing, but nothing is too hard for the God I serve. 



The Book is Written.
It’s the seed I'm planting.
Join with me.
Buy the book and help water the seed.


Share this message
Tweet it
Post on Facebook
Blog about it
Get the Word Out
Help the Ministry
by
Letting others know about the book
and
What buying a copy will do.

Together...
We Can Make It A Bestseller.

Let's do some good, and
God will get the increase. 




The profits from the book, 100% of them, go directly to the ministry. I will not forget where I came from and I won't turn a blind eye to those still there. I'm not rich. I struggle every day in order to keep from returning to a life of living on the street. But as long as I have a roof and a bed while others do not, I can not afford to be driven by personal gain. 

The question boils down to this.

If you could spend $14.00 to help improve the circumstances of someone less fortunate, maybe even help save their life…

WOULD YOU?




GIVEN A CHANCE
TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE...





When it comes to the compassion...
The kind found in “The Love of God”…

The love we should have for one another…
Jesus didn't make a request…

He Commanded It!



I hope this answers
The Question of Profit.


Buy It Now



Blessings
Matthew Milam II
Hands Of God Ministries

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, and they let me know you were here.

I read them and sometimes they start new posts, so please feel free.

Visit Us on Facebook, and hit the "Like Button"...

"Hands Of God Ministries" and Matthew Milam II

Thank You, and God Bless.



When I was a boy in my father's house, still tender, and an only child of my mother, he taught me and said, "Lay hold of my words with all your heart; keep my commands and you will live. Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or swerve from them. Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
(Proverbs)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

FOR A BETTER UNDERSTANDING

HANDS OF GOD MINISTRIES

As members of "The Body of Christ", we all should try to extend the

"HAND OF GOD."

Galatians 6:10 (NIV)

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.


That's the point of this ministry, to take the opportunity to try to do some good; as much as can be done... according to God's Will.

Won't you join me. Together we might make a difference.

Click : For Ministry Information



1 Corinthians 3:6 (NIV)

I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow.


Together... for the glory of God!



Earn income from blog you've already written...

Details

Click --- Passive Income



"BIBLE STUDY & ASSISTANCE"

To submit questions use this link, answers will be posted.

CLICK: Q & A "For Bible Study"



Can't wait -- need an answer "NOW."

Click This...

GotQuestions?org




Add to Google Reader or Homepage



Add to netvibes